Many of you have asked about the flatware and fine china used at my launch party. So I’ve decided to create some inspiration boards on our Pinterest account as well as curate my top 6 flatware sets here! I will have another post coming up shortly about my favorite fine china! Plus you can expect to start seeing these curated posts, filled with all my favorite items! Also, being a Canadian blogger, I want to make sure you have Canadian sources on where to buy these, as well as prices (if not in CDN prices, it will be noted). I’ve also tried to include a diverse selection both in style and in price, reflecting the different readers we have here at Amidst the Chaos. Enjoy and happy shopping!
1. Antique Silver Collection by Pottery Barn: Regular Price $312.83, On Sale $248.70 for a 20 Piece Setting. Available online at Pottery Barn or at one of their Canadian stores. Vintage silverware that’s been passed down for generations inspired this heirloom-quality flatware collection.
2. Gourmet Settings Treble Clef: $109.99 for a 20 Piece Set. Available online at Bed, Bath & Beyond or at any BB&B Canadian store. Handmade flatware gives you that feeling that your flatware was designed especially for you. Personal, unique, warm and charming, Treble Clef flatware sets truly reflect your personality. Strong and solid, this stainless steel flatware is heat-forged to produce an amazing 8mm gauge. Your guests won’t stop talking about these!
3. Anthropologie Rediscovered Flatware: $36.00** for a 5 Piece Set. Available online at Anthropologie or at any of their Canadian stores. They combed through the USA, to collect some of the prettiest antique and vintage silverware pieces from 1800-1940, and then regrouped them into delightfully mismatched sets. The shapes and patterns are randomly assembled; therefore each place setting of two forks, two spoons and one knife is completely unique.
4. Gold Flatware Collection by West Elm : $182.48 for a 20 Piece Setting. Available online at West Elm or at one of their Canadian stores. This elegant flatware isn’t just for company; the electroplated stainless steel core makes it sturdy enough for everyday use. Each place setting ensures that you have all the right utensils at hand, whatever the occasion.
5. Kate Spade New York Malmo Rose Gold Collection: $100.00 for a 5 Piece Setting. Available at online Hudson’s Bay Company or at any HBC store. Featuring precision lines and unique, tubular handles, the Malmo design reinvigorates modern dining. A new color in 18/10 stainless steel evokes the first blush of sunset. This is sure to be a showstopper!
6. Restoration Hardware Hammered Steel Rivet Collection: Regular $208, On Sale $187** for a 20 Piece Setting. Available online at Restoration Hardware (US prices) or in one of their Canadian stores. Created by San Francisco metalsmith Jefferson Mack, this flatware is hand-forged from stainless steel, endowing it with a finish that recalls vintage ironwork. Perfectly weighted for a comfortable balance, the rustic design is accented with a contrasting hammered brass rivet.
* All prices reflect current store and online prices as of April 8th, 2015
** Prices in US dollars
Hope you’ve enjoyed this curated post of the loveliest flatware out there! If you don’t have extra cash right now for buying a new set but would love something new, you could always try and upcycle some that you already have or ones from the thrift store. I started doing that for all the parties I was hosting: I hated the look and feel of plastic utensils but also didn’t want to spend a small fortune on getting 20-30 sets of flatware for my events. So I scoured the local thrift stores until I found enough utensils and then I covered everything but the handles with plastic wrap and tape and then spray painted then handles in coordinating party colors! I’ve done this a few times and it’s always such a hit with guests who notice those extra details! You can see my pictures of them here. Something fun you could try for a different look!
Love & Blessings,
* I was not sponsored in any way for this post. These are simply items that I love and wanted to share with you!