• Beauty

Say Goodbye to Dry Skin with Jergens Moisturizer for Wet Skin

Jergens Moisture for Wet Skin Lotion

When it comes to dry skin, I understand that topic WELL. For most of my life, I have struggled on and off with mild eczema. I can remember a time in high school where I had red circular spots on my neck from a bout with eczema and was made fun of because people thought they were hickies. Seriously (needless to say, I don’t miss high school!).

Jergens Moisturizer for Wet Skin

But more recently, it’s hit really close to home for us as a family as our middle son has struggled almost since day one with severe eczema. We tried everything and took him to about six different doctors and nothing would work. Poor baby would just scream all night and day because he was in so much pain. This went on for the first six months of his life until we were able to finally see a dermatologist and start getting it under control.

To this day, he still struggles, in certain areas of his body (his toes seem to be the worst) and in certain seasons, such as summer, it tends to flare up.

So when I say that I understand the struggle of dry skin, I really do understand it! When it comes to over the counter lotions and various scented creams from bath shops, I have often found that as much as I love the smell of them, they don’t really do the trick. I find myself always needing to apply more and more and more lotion throughout the day to keep my skin hydrated and not itchy.

Jergens Moisture for Wet Skin Lotion

But then came along Jergens Moisturizer for Wet Skin and the game has changed. It’s a totally different concept: you put the lotion on WHILE your skin is WET, right out of the shower. Check this out (and to see more hilarious videos like this, check out Jergens Canada Facebook page).

This is by no means a new concept in the dermatological world. As I said, having dealt with a son with severe eczema, this is something we have been taught to do with him since he was a baby. We would give him a quick rinse in the tub and then WHILE HIS SKIN WAS STILL WET, we would lather it with cream. The reason for this is because that is when your pores are open and most receptive to soaking in the moisture from the lotion.

Jergens Moisture for Wet Skin Lotion

But this is new in the beauty industry. Jergens is paving the way with this concept of applying the moisturizer BEFORE you dry yourself and let me tell what a difference it makes.

Having done this for years now with my son, I knew right away that this would work. Now, I will be honest in saying that applying the lotion to myself when still wet from the shower felt a little weird. For 30something years, I have been coming out of the bath/shower and immediately drying myself off THEN applying lotion. But for the last week, I’ve had the moisturizer right beside my towel and applied it right after I’m done showering. Then you simply pat dry. Let me tell you, I’m super pleased with the results! As someone who has had dry skin problems on and off, this really does work. My skin feels amazing…like silky smooth…even hours AFTER the shower. The moisturizers are lightly scented, one with coconut oil and the other with green tea oil, which makes your skin (and your bathroom) smell amazing!

Jergens Moisture for Wet Skin Lotion

I am honestly really excited that I’ve found this product and will continue to use it for years to come. As much as I’ve loved all the cute lotions that are available out there, when it comes to my dry skin, I just need something that is going to work. And Jergens Moisturizer for Wet Skin does the job!

Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Jergens but the opinions are all my own. To read more about that, click here.

• Reply Diana Villa October 28, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I love the commercial lol! I need those in my life I have such a dry skin :-/

• Reply Christine October 28, 2015 at 8:15 pm

You gotta go watch all her short ones on their FB page! So funny!

• Reply Jenn October 28, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Your poor little one to have to deal with all of that so young! I’ve only started to develop dry skin recently, as I get older, and with winter around the corner this’ll be a good thing to have on hand. I’ll definitely have to give the coconut one a try!

• Reply Logan Can October 28, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I have been using Jergens Ultra Healing lotion for a while now and love it! I will have to checkout this new one for wet skin! It sounds great!

• Reply Jaclyn October 28, 2015 at 3:57 pm

I’ve been wanting to try wet skin lotion! I have pretty dry skin, too, so I’ve tried a lot of stuff!

• Reply Christine October 28, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Do it! You won’t regret it!

• Reply Sarah Bailey October 28, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Ohh I’ve used Jergens before and loved it – I’ve not heard of this particular one though but I am going to have to keep an eye out now. x

• Reply Christine October 28, 2015 at 8:14 pm

It’s new! Definitely give it a try! You won’t regret it!

• Reply Stacey October 29, 2015 at 12:01 am

I love Jergens lotion! It works perfectly for me.

• Reply Mar October 29, 2015 at 12:46 am

Jergens is a great brand! Always super gentle!

• Reply Debra October 29, 2015 at 1:11 am

I have always wanted to try a wet skin moisturizer! I need to pick this one up!

• Reply Lexie October 29, 2015 at 8:07 am

I’m going to have to try this! I haven’t yet found a lotion that actually works for my poor skin. I have extremely dry skin. But I am extremely picky about lotion and as weird as it is I have a weird feeling about the texture of lotion! So weird I know! Thanks again for sharing!

• Reply cuteheads October 29, 2015 at 9:43 am

I could definitely use this… trying to avoid the pregnancy stretchmarks!!

• Reply Trish @Almost Sexy Mommy October 29, 2015 at 10:44 am

I have WAY too close of a relationship with dry skin! Thanks so much for this!

• Reply alexandria waning October 29, 2015 at 11:06 am

I’ve been hearing great things about this. I am a little nervous to try it. I’m OCD about lotion, I have to feel it on me or I reapply. It’s weird.

• Reply Kiersten Millican October 29, 2015 at 11:33 am

I’m going to have to pick some of this up. I’ve been having some terribly dry skin now that it’s gotten colder, and nothing has helped so far.

• Reply JanetGoingCrazy October 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I was just noticing this morning that my skin is showing signs of the winter dryness. This looks like a great product to help me out!

• Reply Bonnie @ Living a Fit and Full Life October 29, 2015 at 12:30 pm

These sounds great! I’ll have to buy me some this weekend!

• Reply Susannah October 29, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Woohoo! This stuff sounds great!

• Reply Cathy Mini October 29, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I just tried this product for the first time last month or so, and it was great! It left my skin feeling soft and smooth all day long–definitely a game-changer!

• Reply Roxanne October 29, 2015 at 10:17 pm

A friend of mine shared this tip of using lotion before drying off years ago. It’s great they are making lotions for this now! I’ll have to add this to my list of must haves!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Dogvills October 30, 2015 at 4:48 am

I love Jergens and I’ve used it for years. I have yet to try this new moisturizer.

• Reply Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal October 31, 2015 at 12:30 am

I really like Jergens lotion too; it’s the only thing (other than the my expensive stuff) that I will use on my boys. Thanks for letting me know about this new line.

• Reply Erin November 1, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I need this in my life. Seriously. I have such terribly dry skin in the winter!

• Reply Dermavie Skin Cream March 15, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
    previous to and you’re just extremely great. I really like what you
    have acquired here, certainly like what you’re
    stating and the way in which you say it.

You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible.
    I can’t wait to read much more from you.
    This is really a terrific site.