I am a sucker for fries, of any kind. That’s actually my favorite thing at McDonald’s. Yes, I said it, calm down…I do enjoy the occasional McDonald’s fry.
While I LOVE fries, I’ve never been a fan of frozen ones that you can cook at home. They just don’t have the same deep fried goodness to them.
Over the last year, though, I’ve discovered that I LOVE making sweet potato fries at home. And guess what? So do my kids! Ladies and gentleman, we call this a WIN WIN situation in our home! The only problem that ever arises when making these is that I usually never make ENOUGH!
I’ve experimented with a bunch of recipes and flavors, as well as oven temperatures and cook time and I think I’ve landed on what I would humbly call, the perfect sweet potato fries recipe.
Now sweet potato fries are good on their own, but add in a garlic aioli and your taste buds won’t want to quit! While we call this a southwest style aioli, there is a surprise ingredient in there that is not traditionally a southwest flavor…but man, does it ever take this dip to the next level.
So enough talking, let’s get right to these incredibly mouthwatering recipes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp salt (depending how salty you like your fries)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less, depending on how much heat you like)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4" thick strips
- Place in a large bowl and toss with oil
- Add in all the spices and mix well until fries are evenly coated
- Place fries onto two baking sheets, lined with parchment paper, making sure to not overcrowd the fries
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then remove and turn fries over
- Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, depending on how crisp you want the fries
- Oven times may vary. Keep a close eye on the fries near the 30 minute mark to ensure they aren't burning
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and serve alongside sweet potato fries!
Love & Blessings,