I am excited to share one of my favorite pumpkin cake recipes with you today! Whether you are traditionally a fan of pumpkin or not, I promise you that you will LOVE this recipe! I have yet to serve it to someone who doesn’t! And quite honestly, I’m not the hugest pumpkin puree lover out there. I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin pie but learning how to incorporate pumpkin into different baked recipes, it’s changed the game for me!
There are three steps to this recipe, each one equally as important: the base of the cake, the topping and the glaze (put on after it’s baked). The sweetness with a hint of spice with added in crunch is just such a treat for the mouth!
To bake the pumpkin cake, we’ve used Baker’s Secret 9″x13″ cake pan. What I love about these pans is that they are non-stick and dishwasher safe. So easy to use and clean and in my busy mom life, that’s exactly what I need! Ain’t nobody got time for soaking and scrubbing, amiright momma’s?!
- ⅓ cups Water
- 15 oz of Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (18 Ounce Box)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Divided
- ½ cups Flour
- ⅓ cups Walnuts, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ¼ cups White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Then add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, walnuts, and melted butter. Once well mixed, sprinkle over top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, white sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Love & Blessings,