I realized the other day that for someone who loves to write about food, I haven’t ever posted a drink recipe! Truth be told, it’s probably because I don’t make a lot of special drinks for my parties. Besides your typical fruit punch and a spritz pop combination, drinks are not something I typically think of.
But there is one exception and that is with this coffee slush punch! EVERY SINGLE TIME I make it, one of two things happens: 1) Most people can’t stop talking about it and ask for the recipe and 2) we ALWAYS run out!
It truly is one of the simplest recipes I’ve ever made and I will be honest in saying, it’s NOT my own recipe. I found this online many years ago and I actually can’t find the original source of it (sorry about that)…but it is SO good and easy, that I wanted to share it with you!
Just this past weekend, I made a double batch for our friends baby shower and once again, it was a HIT!
- 1/2 a galloon (or close to 2L) of French Vanilla ice cream
- 12 cups of hot coffee
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- Cut up ice cream into smaller pieces (to make the melting process faster).
- Place ice cream into a bowl and add in evaporated milk
- Then pour the hot coffee over the ice cream and continue to stir until ice cream is completely melted
- Place into ziplock freezer bags or reusable containers and put in freezer overnight to completely freeze
- Remove a few hours before event and let it thaw
- Once it is about 3/4 thawed, place in a punch bowl and serve!
- I often find that it takes more than a few hours to thaw, so I will place it in the microwave to help the thawing process along. You want a slushy consistency, so don't overheat it!
Be sure to check back later this week for a full recap of the coffee themed baby shower we hosted for one of our friends!