Today we are teaming up with Sobey’s to celebrate the upcoming #MyParmNight and bring you this amazing recipe made with 30-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano! These Parmesan and Herb Crisps are such a delicious treat that you can have on their own as an appetizer or serve it up with your favorite Italian dish!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk cheese for a minute. These crisps aren’t made with just any parmesan cheese, but they are made with one of the most premium cheeses in the WORLD! This Parmigiano Reggiano is a Mountain Parm, that has been aged for 30 months and triple tested! Out of the 450 Parm producers in the world, only a handful make this specific cheese. Aged in the mountains and taken from cows that are only fed a strict grass diet, the difference is incredible!
This exclusive selection of Parmigiano Reggiano has a rich and nutty flavor while it is smooth and silky in texture! And it’s so much more than a pasta topping. Because of it’s unique flavor profile, it can be used on it’s own in various forms: charcuterie boards, appetizers, in stuffing, on top of pizzas, etc.
So now that your mouth is watering, let’s dive into this incredible recipe, shall we?!
- 1 cup freshly grated, 30-month Mountain Triple Tested Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Gently toss all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Mound generous tablespoonfuls of mixture onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets at lest 2 in. apart. Tap down gently with back of spoon to flatten slightly.
- Bake 7 to 10 min., or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool completely before eating.
- Store in airtight container, between wax paper or parchment paper, up to two days.
- * I found that I needed to cook the crisps for about 12 minutes in my oven.
Also, Sobey’s has a contest going on right now where you could win 1 of 3 gift baskets, worth over $250! The rules are simple: 1) Make these Parmesan and Herb Crisps at home, 2) Show us how you used them on Instagram or Twitter via the tag #MyParmNight and 3) Be entered to win a gift basket of over $250 in product! How awesome?! So get cooking, picture taking, posting today! Contest closes Saturday, November 21st, 2015.
Love & Blessings,