• Kids / Lifestyle / Lovely Randoms

Real Life Mondays

Typically on Mondays, I like to bring you recipes. I just love starting the week with you by sharing some of my most favorite eats, hoping to inspire you in your weekly meal planning. Mondays are typically meal planning days for me: I check the flyers to see what’s on sale, plan my meals, make my grocery list and head out to the store. All with 2-3 kids in tow (depending if I make it before I pick up my oldest from school or not). Monday’s are busy. They are the kickstart to our week. And I’m honored that many of you come spend some of your Monday over here with me!

Well today, things are headed in a different direction. We had a very busy Sunday (truthfully, they are always busy for us) and now I have a very sick one year old on my hands (ironic isn’t it, after my post the other day about how I keep my kids healthy?!) I woke up this morning and my house is a disaster! Like a serious disaster! It’s so bad that I’m not even sure where to begin! Ever had that happen in your home?! I didn’t have time to cook something awesome up on the weekend and take lovely pictures of it to share with you all, unfortunately. And right now, my house is in seem serious need of a deep clean. So today, I have to put everything on hold and tend to my home and my sick little boy.

Yesterday, the lovely Brooke Knipp from Bye, Comparison, tagged me in her #myhomeIRL post, where she pictured her mountain of laundry that quote “goes to die in her guest bedroom!” As a momma of three kids, I totally get that! Laundry takes over my life so many days. In fact, I have a few loads calling my name right now. So she wanted to see what my real life really looks like.

The internet is famous for showing off everyone’s highlight reel. We always want to put our best foot forward and I am no different. I love pretty things and dressing up and looking fancy. However, not everyday of my life looks like that. The reality is I have three very active kids that love messing up my home. Kids that get sick and have “accidents” and demand alot of my attention. I love them and I’m not complaining, I’m just saying that my everyday life isn’t always pretty and picture-perfect.

So today, instead of a delicious meal, I’m posting what I call “Real Life Monday.” A real snapshot of what my life looks like right now. No filters, no staging, no cool angles. Just straight up real life!

Here’s the mess of my desk! The kids love to grab paper and pens and totally mess it up! I clean it and then about five minutes later, it looks like this! I guess that’s the downfall of having your home office in the your main living space. My desk has become the “catch-all” for everything from bills to art projects! Real life.

Real Life Mess

Our playroom! I’m so grateful to have a space, right on our main floor, where our kids can play! Especially for our youngest, he loves spending hours playing with all the toys in this room while he can still see mommy cooking in the kitchen! Problem is, his favorite activity in there is “let’s empty every single bin and see how messy we can make it!” Honestly, this is TAME compared to how it normally looks. But this is my life, my real life mess.IMG_8413

Ok…I’ve debated posting this one, cause let’s be honest, this is just GROSS! But…in an effort to be “real” here is the pile of dirty dishes that greeted me this morning! That’s honestly THE WORST…coming down to dirty dishes. Normally, I don’t let this happen. I can let just about every other space in my home stay messy but not my kitchen. I normally have every dish put away, the countertops cleaned and the floors swept before we go to bed. But last night, we didn’t get home until really late and that just wasn’t happening. So here it is, my real life mess.IMG_8415

Well there you have it, my real life messy Monday! The kids also thought it would be fun to decorate for a pretend party yesterday, so there are papers taped everywhere and streamers all over the floors. This is real life. And real life is messy. I will always try and put my best foot forward whether that’s when entertaining people in my home or posting a picture online, but today, I wanted to let you into what my Monday morning really looks like, dirty dishes and all!Real Life MondaysWhat does your real life Monday look like? Can you relate? What’s your least favorite chore around the house? Leave us your answers in the comments below!

• Reply Lucy April 27, 2015 at 11:26 am

I think your house still looks great! And LOVE your kitchen.

• Reply Christine April 27, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Awe, thank you Lucy! I will be doing another post in the near future all on how we did our kitchen! Still a few things to finish up before that’s ready! Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Janella Panchamsingh April 27, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Laundry! I love washing it but hate folding it and putting it away! I just finished folding last weeks 6 loads of laundry and have this weeks in the living room, washer and dryer to tend to! I think its real life everyday not just mondays

• Reply Christine April 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Oh definitely! It’s a daily issue for us, that laundry thing…and cleaning! It’s just today I’m actually sharing it with the world! haha! xox

• Reply Justine Y April 27, 2015 at 1:55 pm

I love it! (I still think your home is gorgeous, by the way.) I was hesitant when I got tagged by Brooke yesterday on IG, but then I figured, so what? My life/house is far from perfect and I”m probably in the same boat with everyone else. 🙂

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 8:58 am

Justine! I totally hear ya! I also thought “I’m not posting a messy pic!” But then I thought more about it and was like…I think people appreciate the REAL just as much as the staged/posed! It makes people more related and at the end of the day, I want my brand/blog to be about that! Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comment! xox

• Reply Pam April 27, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Haha! I LOVE this post! After running errands, and getting groceries I came home and have been literally wandering around my disaterous house for the past 30 minutes wondering where to start… oh Mondays….

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 8:59 am

So funny! I didn’t stop until 10:30 last night! Did you end up getting lots done Pam? xox

• Reply Brittany Bergman April 27, 2015 at 2:12 pm

I’m sorry to hear that your little sweetheart is sick! Good for you for pressing pause on everything else and taking care of him. Thanks for being real about your priorities and encouraging us to do the same!

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 8:59 am

Thank you Brittany for your encouragement! We are off to the doctors today, unfortunately. But yes, we gotta be real and stick together us mommas! xox

• Reply Linh {A Beautiful RAWR} April 27, 2015 at 2:22 pm

This is usually what our house looks like on Saturday 🙂 We clean and do chores after church on Sundays, but my kitchen is usually messy around the time I’m cooking dinner Sunday night. My least favorite chore has become doing the dishes. I feel like I am ALWAYS washing them and it drives me bonkers when I’ve washed everything and 5 minutes later, a dish/fork/cup reappears. Haha
    Linh

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:00 am

I know that feeling Linh! So frustrating, right?! Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Tricia April 27, 2015 at 2:39 pm

We’ve definitely got some hot messy areas in our home too. When I see that others go through this too, it some how comforts me. We are human & there are times when we simply can’t do it all. Thanks for sharing & for opening up you’re home 🙂

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:01 am

So true Tricia! And as you will soon discover, it’s even harder with THREE kids in tow! Someone is almost always needing something! But that’s life and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Blessings girl! xox

• Reply Kate April 27, 2015 at 3:55 pm

oh my house looks like that most days… it is amazing how long it feels like it takes to clean and then poof it is all chaos again!

P.S. Love your house! That Kitchen looks fantastic!

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:02 am

Thanks love! And I so agree…I was just on my hands and knees spot cleaning the floors because we just did them last night and they are getting dirty AGAIN! lol! xox

• Reply Elizabeth Thornton May 1, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Buy a floor steamer for your kitchen floor or any floor. It is quick and cleans beautifully.

• Reply Cheyenne April 27, 2015 at 4:58 pm

It looks like a home where a family and life lives. 🙂

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:03 am

Very much so Cheyenne! Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Jennifer German April 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Oh boy! I need to clean my house! LOL. Mine is way worse right now! Love this post.

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:04 am

Ha! That’s so funny! Well I hope it inspired some cleaning! I know I didn’t stop til late last night! Thanks for stopping by Jennifer! xox

• Reply Nikki April 27, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Your Mondays look better than mine! I’m a hot mess on Mondays, trying to catch up on everything.

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:04 am

Ha! Well I didn’t take a picture of myself for that very reason 😉 Thanks for stopping by Nikki! xox

• Reply jessica April 27, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Way to be real! Loving the house and how bright it is! thanks for sharing.

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:05 am

Thank you Jessica! Our kitchen is our favorite place in our home! Will be doing a post all about it in the near future! xox

• Reply LiNdsay April 27, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Cute post, thanks for sharing. Love seek glimpses into other people’s lives.

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:05 am

Thank you Lindsay! xox

• Reply Jess Beer April 27, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Oh, I’m with you on the kitchen! Everything else can be messy…but not my kitchen. The rest of my house looks messier than yours! Other things are just more important.

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:06 am

Yup! Gotta keep that kitchen clean! Thanks for stopping by Jess! xox

• Reply Shannon April 28, 2015 at 12:27 am

Love seeing these real life photos! These make me feel better about the chaos that is our house most days!

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:06 am

Absolutely! I think we need to be more real with each other! Thanks for stopping by Shannon! xox

• Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes April 28, 2015 at 4:29 am

I love that we now have a nursery for Aiden to play in. He has so much more room to roll around on the floor, he loves it!

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 9:07 am

That’s great Jemma!

• Reply Whitney April 28, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Beautiful kitchen! And I think it’s great that your kids threw a pretend party! I love decorations, and ours typically stay up long after parties are over. 🙂

• Reply Christine April 28, 2015 at 8:58 pm

You gotta let their imaginations soar eh?! Thanks for stopping by Whitney! xox

• Reply Celeste April 30, 2015 at 9:41 pm

With 3 little kiddos of my own, I can definitely relate to real life mess!! Although, I have to say, even “messy” your house still looks great! I don’t know if I would be brave enough to post when my house is ‘really’ messy 😉

• Reply Christine May 1, 2015 at 10:26 am

Well, honestly, this wasn’t even that bad (probably why I was brave enough to post it!) There were some areas I was definitely not posting online! Ha! Thanks for stopping by Celeste! xox

• Reply Mwali May 2, 2015 at 8:16 am

Don’t be so hard on yourself Christine, that is what normal houses look like! Having a family of six people, we know that chaos is the baseline and perfection is for the movies and magazines. Despite it all, you have a gorgeous home, and continuously strive to take the best care of everyone in your home. You are doing it right Christine. Hang in there, and may your littlest one get better soon!!! <3

• Reply Christine May 2, 2015 at 9:17 am

Thanks love! Appreciate the support and encouragement! xox

• Reply Marilyn May 2, 2015 at 11:50 pm

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one… Lol! Thanks for sharing but know your house is still absolutely BEAUTIFUL, mess and all!

• Reply Christine May 3, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Thanks Marilyn! Lots of love! xox

• Reply Sara @ Shabby Grace Blog May 6, 2015 at 10:47 am

Seriously, I LOVE this. Real. Btw your kitchen is beautiful. What is your back splash made of?

• Reply Christine May 7, 2015 at 10:49 am

Thank you Sara! And it’s actually porcelain floor tile that looks like reclaimed barn board! We were SO excited to find it! I will be doing a post about it soon! Stay tuned! xox