• Christmas / Decor / Home Tours

Canadian Christmas Home Tour 2016

Typically around Christmas time, my home explodes with decorations in just about every room because it truly is one of my favorite seasons of the year. I absolutely love setting up multiple trees around the home, hanging twinkling lights and creating Christmas planters for the porch.

Christmas time is truly my favorite time of the year.

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

But this year has been a little bit different. If you’ve been following around on any of our social media channels, you will most likely know that I had to go in for surgery at the end of November. While this was a somewhat minor procedure (tonsillectomy, to be exact), for adults, the recovery is quite tough. I was told that I needed at minimum three weeks to fully recover.

Having to set three precious weeks aside during one of the busiest times of the year was a crazy idea, but it had to get done. So I knew that in order to make this happen, I would need to work like crazy the weeks leading up to the surgery, in order to afford that down time post-op.

And that’s exactly what I did. WORKED.LIKE.CRAZY!

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

Thankfully all the work got done in time, however, it did mean that other things had to put aside or “re-configured.”

One of those things that had to be re-configured was our Christmas decorating. As much as LOVE Christmas and trimming the house with an abundance of Christmas decor, I knew this was an area I simply had to pull back on this year, in order to make everything work.

But that being said, I knew we couldn’t go entirely without at least one beautiful area to cozy up the home!

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

So I set our sights on our living room and went to town!

Rose gold has been my color of choice this season and I knew it would be the perfect addition to our Christmas tree. Adding in some ribbon, as well as a few flowers and ornaments, I absolutely LOVE the overall look of the tree.

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

I also added in a touch of fake snow, using a tip that my friend Lucy from Craftberry Bush used. The snow is actually dusters from the dollar store! I couldn’t believe what an amazing trick that was and how perfectly it worked in the tree to really give it that faux snow look! Thanks Lucy!

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

Then I knew I needed to set up my mantle. Using some faux greenery from Christmas past, I wanted to continue the snowy look, so I simply painted the tips white with some white acrylic paint that I had on hand.

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

I wanted to add a unique DIY piece to the wall for art and I knew making embroidering hoop wreaths were exactly the look I was going for. You can watch the whole video tutorial here! Super easy, crazy inexpensive and totally high end design! There’s also a bonus tutorial in there for how I turned an old brass domed clock into a modern, high end cloche!

And that my friends, is it for this Christmas tour! I would have loved to have been able to do more, but as I said, this year, it just wasn’t possible. But I’m so glad we at least have this space to cozy up in and enjoy the beauty!

christmas-home-tour-rose-gold

What colors did you choose for your decor this year? Are you doing more minimal decor or going full out? Let me know in the comments below!

Also, I’m SO excited to have teamed up with some AMAZING Canadian decor bloggers for a Canadian Bloggers Christmas Home Tour! These are some seriously talented ladies! Every day this week, a few more will be posting their home tours, so make sure to check out all the links below for some serious Christmas home decor inspiration!

2016-canadian-bloggers-christmas-home-tour

This Little Estate
    Craftberry Bush
    The Happy Housie
    Kimpowerstyle
    Elliven Studio

• Reply Ariel December 6, 2016 at 8:52 am

Beautiful! I love the rose gold, and those wreathes are after my heart!

• Reply Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc. December 6, 2016 at 9:10 am

Christine, so pretty! Everything looks spectacular and one would never know that you only did a bit of your usual Christmas decor. I’m so glad you are taking the required time you need to recover, it does not sound like a fun journey at all! And, I must go check out that faux snow tutorial, it looks so amazing!

• Reply Christine December 6, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Thank you Laurie. Ya, it’s been a crazy season for sure but a blessing in disguise to force me to relax and heal.

• Reply Heather December 6, 2016 at 10:25 am

absolutely beautiful:) And good for you for taking good care of yourself – you deserve it! I am in love with the feather dusters on the tree – what a GREAT idea!

• Reply Christine December 6, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Thank you Heather! Aren’t those fun?! Love Lucy’s idea!

• Reply Lindi December 6, 2016 at 12:08 pm

This is SO beautiful! I don’t know how you took 3 weeks off, but it’s worth it to relax in this space! Love the soft pinks and whites 🙂 Merry Christmas!

• Reply Jo-Anna Rooney December 6, 2016 at 4:46 pm

So beautiful Christine! You managed to pull off a gorgeous holiday home with everything you’re going through right now…amazing! I hope you can sit back and enjoy it all now! xo

• Reply Christine December 6, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Thank you Jo-Anna! It’s been a crazy season for sure and this surgery has forced me to sit back and relax, which is a blessing in disguise!

• Reply Dannyelle @www.lifeisaparty.ca December 6, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Wow, well done getting this all done ahead of time. Praying your recovery gets easier. Love the pink and gold, and those hoop wreaths!

• Reply Christine December 6, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Thank you my friend! Slowly but surely it’s getting better! xo

• Reply Becki December 6, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Christine this is beautiful! I love how your hoop wreaths turned out! Great color scheme too!

• Reply Christine December 6, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Thank you my friend! xo

• Reply Tara December 7, 2016 at 12:48 am

Christine, this tree is beautiful! I can’t get over it! You’ve made such a beautiful space.

• Reply Heather December 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

I hope you are feeling better! Your home looks beautiful and what calming colours. Love it.

• Reply Lesley Metcalfe December 7, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Everything is so pretty! I love your colour scheme. You’re a brave woman for spray painting in your kitchen!!! I have one of those domed clocks that I picked up at a garage sale last summer, maybe I’ll take a cue from you and turn it into a wintery scene for Christmas.

Hope you’re feeling better! xo

• Reply Christine December 9, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Thanks Lesley! Yes, DIY that baby! You’ll be glad you did!

• Reply Thalita December 7, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Be still my pink-loving heart! I’m in love with the blush tones and the fake snow on the tree. Dusters! Genius! All your hard work paid off. Hope you’re resting and recovering well!!

• Reply Christine December 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Thanks so much Thalita! I’m loving all the pink too! xo

• Reply Jen @ Fresh Crush December 8, 2016 at 12:10 pm

You have so much on the go! Hope your recovery is going well. Your home is absolutely gorgeous and I love all the touches of pink!

• Reply Christina @ The DIY Mommy December 8, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Christine, this is a stunning room! I’m so amazed that you did all of this plus your other blog posts while prepping for the surgery. I love the pink here, the DIY touches, the fur and metallics. Lovely! Hope you have time to rest now!

• Reply Christine December 9, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Thanks so much Christina! You know the hustle! lol! Just glad it all got done!

• Reply Cassie Bustamante December 8, 2016 at 9:18 pm

oh my gosh that mantle!!!! LOVE!

• Reply Kim @KimPowerStyle December 9, 2016 at 12:41 am

It turned out beautiful Christine,Such a lovely colour scheme! I hope you’re feeling better!

• Reply Shauna December 9, 2016 at 10:06 am

Love that soft pink colour, and I see we were both on the same page when it came to Lucy’s duster idea. It’s brilliant, isn’t it? Hope you’re fully recovered now. Happy Holidays 🙂

• Reply Christine December 9, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Shauna! Isn’t it a fabulous idea?! One of those “Why did I never think of that!” xo

• Reply Krista December 9, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Oh this is so beautiful!! I love the soft colours! So pretty and cozy and welcoming!!

• Reply Thea December 10, 2016 at 9:45 am

Your tree really is so pretty! I also love your elegant embroidery hoop wreaths! It is amazing what you were able to accomplish even though you are not feeling your best. Have a speedy recovery and I am sure you will feel significantly better in no time!

• Reply Christine December 10, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Thank you so much Thea! It was a mad dash to the finish line before the surgery for sure! Feeling better day by day! xo

• Reply Jennifer Lifford December 10, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Beautiful blush! I just love that tree! I hope you’re feeling better and enjoy your gorgeous space as you’re recovering. Merry Christmas!

• Reply Jamie December 11, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Just stunning, Christine! I love Lucy’s trick too, so cool. Your home is beautiful. Happy holidays
    Hugs, Jamie

• Reply Christine December 11, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Thanks so much Jamie! xo

• Reply Andrea December 11, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Gorgeous and truly unique, as I have not seen the rose gold colors used this way before and it is beautiful! Hopefully a continued restful pleasure for you to enjoy as you continue to heal.

• Reply Christine December 11, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Thank you! Yes, it has been so nice to rest in this space as it’s so calm and serene!