• Christmas / Decor / Home Tours

Christmas Home Tour

Christmas is my favourite time of the year but this week is also one of my favourites when I get to join in with a group of amazing Canadian home decor and DIY bloggers to share all of our home tours together! I absolutely LOVE seeing what everyone comes up with as it brings on so much inspiration!

This year I actually decorated more than I have in years past. I also incorporated new and different items than I ever have before.

For starters, this was one of the first times I used FRESH Christmas greenery. I have used it once before when I made this holiday planter, but those were just individual boughs. This is the first time I’ve gotten fresh garland and used it in my decor. I also clipped one of the garlands short and made two smaller fresh wreaths for the kitchen! I actually love the way they turned out…a little bit rustic, a little bit whimsical and very simple.

For the table centrepiece, I decided to keep it rather simple and let the kids have their hand at it. As you can tell, a lot of the candy is already eaten off! HA! I will be honest, I struggled with whether I should photoshop some candy in…but hey, this is the reality of my home. It’s perfectly imperfect and very busy with three active kids. You will see crumbs on the floor, marks on the front door, dust and crumbs on the various surfaces and stains on the pillows. Things aren’t perfect, and so if you look close enough in just about every picture, you will see exactly what I mean (especially the chalkboard wall with the stained chalkboard pen that was supposed to erase and never did!)

One of my favourite Christmas DIY’s that I did this year were these cookie canister Christmas villages. I originally did them on Facebook LIVE and had such a good response that I decided to do a YouTube video for a $5 Goodwill challenge. What I love about this is how simple it is to create such a magical and whimsical village scene. Using new, old or thrifted finds, let your imagination wander and get creative!

For our living room, I was super excited to get these gorgeous angel wings from Wayfair! I’ve been eyeing them for awhile and thought it would be perfect for Christmas, however, I WILL be keeping them up all year round! They are absolutely stunning!

I’m all about the twinkle lights this Christmas season. I’ve added lights to every vignette I’ve done including the coffee table and behind the couch console in the living room. They just add such a beautiful glow. We also got a new Christmas tree this year from Home Depot that has 3,000 rice lights on it! It’s so gorgeous!

Finally let’s head to the front porch! I feel like this is a more classic Christmas look but also a classic winter look. I actually plan to keep most of this in place all winter long with a few changes after Christmas. I absolutely love how the fresh garland looks around the doorframe. It’s also my first ever REAL Christmas tree! I also got a dwarf Alberta spruce and a holly tree and I just love how all the greens make the porch look so alive! Layer in a few blankets and you are set! I’ll be sharing on YouTube later this week how I set this all up!

Well that’s it for now my friends! I hope you enjoyed the tour and are inspired for your own holiday decor. Make sure to check out my friends below…there are some seriously gorgeous spaces!

Canadian Bloggers Home Tour Christmas 2017 pin img

Monday

The DIY Mommy | The Creek Line House | Woman in Real Life | Life is a Party | Lemon Thistle | The Learner Observer

Tuesday

PMQ for two | Amidst the Chaos | Clean and Scentsible | A Burst of Beautiful | Rambling Renovators

Wednesday

Satori Design for Living | Love Create Celebrate | The Happy Housie | Craftberry Bush | Sustain My Craft Habit | House by the Bay

Thursday

VinYet Etc. | A Pretty Life | Home to Heather | So Much Better with Age | This Little Estate

Friday

AKA Design | Kim Power Style | Elliven Studio | A Pop of Pretty | The Sweetest Digs

• Reply Courtenay December 5, 2017 at 7:06 am

So many thoughtful little touches! I love your grey hutch and the little village in a jar!

• Reply Jo-Anna Rooney December 5, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Everything looks SO pretty Christine! So many beautiful touches everywhere…I love spreading Christmas throughout my home too. So fun!

• Reply Christine December 10, 2017 at 10:32 am

Thanks Jo-Anna. Too bad we can’t keep it all year ’round? Def my fav time of year!

• Reply Lindi December 5, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Such a beautiful tour, as always! I want to go watch your $5 goodwill video now, lol. I really need a hutch to decorate, lol – and I love the little house stocking holders! They’re so cute!

• Reply Dannyelle December 5, 2017 at 6:39 pm

I love all your pretty Christmas touches, especially the Christmas village in the jars. Merry Christmas!

• Reply Christine December 10, 2017 at 10:43 am

Thanks Dannyelle. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Reply Jamie December 5, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Wow, so pretty! Love all the neutral, pink and white touches.
    Hugs, Jamie

• Reply Melissa December 6, 2017 at 8:23 am

Beautiful!

Where are the stocking holders/hooks from?

Thanks,

Melissa

• Reply Christine December 10, 2017 at 10:42 am

Thanks Melissa! The stocking holders are from HomeSense.

• Reply Ariel December 6, 2017 at 9:24 am

Looks lovely and cheery! Love the tree!

• Reply Shauna December 6, 2017 at 11:28 am

It’s all so lovely, but I think your front entrance steals the show. Very welcoming 🙂

• Reply Heather December 7, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Such a bright and beautiful home you have! Love the little white houses, so cute!

• Reply Laurie @ VinYet Etc. December 7, 2017 at 12:41 pm

I love how you’ve added fresh greens this year, on that hutch, it’s spectacular! I had a peek at your centerpiece and I seriously can’t see where the candy has come off, all I see is complete cuteness! I love all of your festive touches and that tree is bananas, i LOVE PIN LIGHTS! xo

• Reply Christine December 10, 2017 at 10:36 am

Thanks friend! Trust me … the candies have been picked and eaten …

• Reply Cheryl December 7, 2017 at 9:42 pm

So pretty and festive. Loving the touches of gingham. I have looking all over for blue gingham ribbon. I’ve only found navy, may I ask where you found yours? Happy holidays.

• Reply Christine December 10, 2017 at 10:44 am

Thanks Cheryl. The blue ribbon was purchased at Walmart.

• Reply Krista December 9, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Gorgeous! The stockings! The angel wings! The pops of pink! Your tree!! And your welcoming front porch… I love everything! Great tour, Christine, and fun to be on this tour with you!

• Reply Joann @ Woman in Real Life December 9, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Your centrepiece is so sweet! I actually love that the kids picked the candy off. So cute. Your little wreaths are adorable too, as is the village.

• Reply Colleen Pastoor December 10, 2017 at 11:04 pm

I love how you’ve made neutrals look so festive with the greenery!