As a busy family constantly on the go, I find weeknight meals to be such a struggle in our home. I always have such GREAT intentions at the start of the week as I make my grocery shopping lists and a meal plan, and then as the week goes on, I find more and more just sits in our refrigerator, going bad because we’ve just run out of time.
You’d think that working from home, it would be easier to cook for the family, right? Wrong. At least not when your work is full-time. I’ve found that trying to manage it all – work, family and life has to come with realistic expectations as well as a game plan rather than wishful thinking!
Part of that game plan for us this Fall has been to find super easy, quick and yet delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy. What kind of recipes fall into that category you might ask? Ones that have minimal steps in the preparation process, not an overwhelming amount of ingredients and won’t require me to spend an hour post-dinner cleaning the mess I made to make the meal.
Through this newer, simplified approach to weeknight meal planning, I’ve fallen in love with Campbell’s condensed soups again. Truth is, I never really fell out of love with them, I think I just forgot about them. What a mistake!
Busy moms and dads take note: cooking with Campbell’s condensed soups is literally a game changer in our home and can be in yours too! Today I want to share with you this Easy Broccoli and Chicken Skillet from Campbell’s, using Campbell’s Condensed Low Fat Cream of Broccoli Soup, that I’ve put my own twist on.
This dish literally takes less than 20 minutes to make, uses ONE dish to cook in and the entire family will love it.
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 cups hot cooked broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1/3 cup low fat (1%) milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp toasted Italian bread crumbs
- In 10-inch (25 cm) skillet,melt butter over medium-high heat; cook broccoli and chicken,stirring,for 3 minutes. Combine soup with milk; pour over broccoli and chicken. Bring to simmer.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs if desired.
This recipe is so yummy that I’ve made it TWICE this week already. Yup…that good! When I can create something that quick and delicious that my entire family will enjoy in no time flat, I call that a winner, winner chicken dinner!
Love & Blessings,
Note: This post was sponsored by Campbell’s Canada where I may have received free product and/or compensation in exchange for my honest reviews. As always, the opinions expressed are 100% my own.