We take brunch pretty seriously around here. In fact, I think it’s safe to say that it’s our family’s favourite meal to prepare and come together to share. Even for my birthday last November, I invited some of my closest friends over for a yummy brunch on a Saturday morning!
Whether a big or small occasion, we brunch pretty hard around here.
With the traditional foods always present such as eggs, hash browns, bacon/sausage/ham, we always like to add in a few fun “extra’s.” Typically, we love including my famous golden penny pancake recipe. A quiche or some kind of avocado toast is always a fan favourite too. And one goodie that is always sure to please are my homemade cinnamon rolls, made from scratch!
Over the years, I’ve adapted a few different recipes to come up with my own and the end result is pure ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ goodness!
Now, if you’ve ever eaten a cinnamon roll, you know you aren’t thinking about your ‘diet’ when you sink your teeth into one. As delicious as they are, they are known to run a little high on the calorie count.
As most of us are kicking off the New Year with new goals and resolutions, many of those include getting healthier and eating better. I have both hands raised as I’m fully on that bandwagon myself.
But if you are a bonafide foodie like myself, you know that you MUST find ways to still enjoy your food or else any kind of ‘diet’ you try will miserably FAIL! I am a firm believer that everything in moderation can still be good.
It’s incredibly exciting when you realize that you don’t necessarily have to give up certain foods to stay on track, but rather, you can substitute a few ingredients for a healthier version! And finding substitutions that alter only the caloric count and not the taste factor is where the magic really happens.
Let me introduce to you Lantic & Rogers brand new Sugar + Stevia blend! What I absolutely LOVE about this product is that it tastes just like sugar but with half the calories! Like I said, pure MAGIC!
Just substitute half the amount of regular sugar for this sugar and stevia blend next time you’re a baking and you’ll be able to bake that cake and eat it too! With no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, fillers or chemicals, you can know that this blend has just redefined sweetness in your home!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (subbed Lantic & Rogers Coconut Sugar)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (subbed Lantic & Rogers 1/4 cup Sugar + Stevia blend)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling out dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (subbed 1/8 cup Lantic & Rogers Sugar + Stevia blend)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 tbsp butter, melted and divided
- 3oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425. Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl, then mix with a fork until well blended.
- 2. In a another, larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together buttermilk and 4 Tablespoons melted butter in a separate bowl, then pour into the middle of the dry ingredients. Stir together until dough just comes together (do not overmix.) Kneed slightly with your hands until the dough forms into a ball, then slice it in half.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12×8″ rectangle (think slightly longer than a sheet of paper.) Press half the filling mixture into the center, leaving 1/4″ of the dough clear on all 4 sides, then roll like a sausage. Pinch together seam, trim ends and cut into 8 slices. Repeat with the other dough half, then place rolls in a non-stick sprayed 11×8″ pan. Brush cinnamon rolls with remaining Tablespoon of melted butter and bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
While you’re at the grocery store, buying your new favourite sugar and stevia blend, make sure to grab a bag of Lantic & Rogers new Coconut Sugar too! With it’s rich caramel flavour, you can easily substitute this for brown sugar in any of your baked goods, coffee/tea or even Asian dishes! Totally natural and not compromising in taste!
Before you go, make sure to check out Lantic’s A Taste of Sweetness contest! Just as I’ve shared one of our family favorite recipes today, share one of your family favorite baking recipe with Lantic and you could WIN one of three $1000 grocery gift cards! Hurry, the contest ends on January 31st. Get all the details HERE.
So are you ready to make the switch and take steps towards your New Years goals?!
Let’s do this!
Love & Blessings,
Note: This post has been sponsored by Lantic & Rogers where I was compensated by monetary means and/or product. As always, the opinions are 100% my own!