• Decor / DIY / Fall / Kitchens

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour: Kitchen + Fall Tablescape

Fall is HERE and I’ve never felt more ALIVE! Autumn is truly my favorite season, for so many reasons. The changing of the leaves, the cooler air, everything pumpkin, apple picking, farm visits to pick the perfect pumpkin, Thanksgiving, turkey, comfy sweaters, cute boots, Halloween…to name a few things!

To kick off this Fall season here on the blog, I thought I’d share with you my new Fall tablescape and a few decorations I’ve used around my kitchen.

I’m also excited to let you know that I am part of the Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour, happening this week! Starting today, four bloggers will be sharing their home/fall decor and linking up all together for you to be able to follow along. There is a schedule listed below of all the blogs that will be go live, each day this week. So make sure to come back and check them ALL out! Trust me, you won’t want to miss these incredible home tours!

So back to my love for Fall…over the years, my decor aesthetic has really changed. As my colors have lightened up in my home, so has my preference for Fall decor. I don’t find that orange and reds really match anymore inside my very white and gray kitchen. Luckily for me, white pumpkins exist and make my world a better place!

So let me walk you through this tablescape!

img_0909

I started the whole set up with this multiple pillar candle holder that I actually found at Value Village! It was one of those START THE CAR moments and at least THREE other women shopping in the store that night tried to convince me to not buy it so that they could! #truestory

This was set overtop of a grayish blue, white trimmed, denim table runner. I like incorporating something like a runner (or even a placemat or charger) to group your piece all together.

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

Obviously having a white kitchen, I wanted lots of whites and creams and soft browns incorporated. Some people might think that white on white on white (or various shades of white) could get boring, but I don’t. And that’s because I layered in various textures, within the white color scheme. So you will find wood, glass, fabric, real flowers, real pumpkins, fake pumpkins and wax/fire. These differing textures make the very monochromatic color scheme come to life.

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

As mentioned, to achieve this overall look, I incorporated many different textures and differently sized pieces.

Let’s start with the vases. I didn’t want a very glass-ey look (with the exception of the milk glass cake tray that I used) because I wanted the table to have a more cozier, soft feel to it. Therefore, I decided to create vase cozies, using upcycle sweaters, also from Value Village. Make sure to come back Wednesday to read all about how I made these cozies. It’s honestly SO easy and yet changes the entire look.

And then to finish off the vases, I added in two different kinds of fresh florals: white roses and white alstroemeria to give it “LIVE” feeling.

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

Along with the vase cozies, I used the same sweaters to make sweater pumpkins. I’m sure you’ve seen similar pumpkins in home decor stores that cost a mint, but each of these DIY’d pumpkins cost me about $2 a piece to make. Again, I will be sharing more about this on Wednesday, so be sure to come back!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen TablescapeCanadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

After those larger pieces where added in, including a few fake pumpkins that I sprayed painted white, I started layering in the smaller items. These included pine cones, small pumpkins and gourds, acorns and leaf garland (which I also spray painted).

Moving on to the dinnerware, I decided to use my mom’s vintage English Ironstone plates to really create this table set. These plates were one of the very first purchases my mom ever made for her trousseau, many years ago. It’s funny because for as long as I can remember, these plates have caused quite the family debate on whether they are in fact grey or brown. We are pretty split down the middle on this one, After my mom gave them to me to use in my home, I think I’ve decided that they are a perfect blend of a grey-brown and that’s why they fit so perfectly in our space!

I set the dinner plate on top of a larger off-white plate, to act as a charger and then I used copper flatware to flank both sides, for a nice pop of color.

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen TablescapeA third tutorial that you will see on Wednesday is how to make these incredibly easy but equally lovely napkin ring holders.

I’ve always had a tough time with napkin ring holders. Either I can’t seem to find the right ones or if I do find them, they are way too pricey. I guess I feel that I don’t want to invest a ton of money into an item that is not used nor displayed in my home on the regular.

So these DIY’d holders are the perfect solution. Add in a name tag and a sprig of greenery and your place setting is ready!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

Moving over to our hutch, I wanted to give it a little fall facelift, but not go too crazy with color. I did find this fabulous muted orange Jamaican pumpkin, which honestly, I’d never seen before and thought it would be the perfect touch for my Fall decor. And then of course I added in a couple of mini white pumpkins to complete the look!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape For the rest of the kitchen, I simply added in some fresh sunflowers and pumpkins to finish the Fall transformation. It doesn’t have to be over the top or take a ton of decor to dress your space for Fall. A few simple touches is all it takes to make your place feel warm, inviting and ready to embrace the season!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape

One final thought, try adding a blanket and pillow on your end chairs around your table to give it a real cozy and inviting feeling for your guests!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen TablescapeAnd that, my friends, is our Fall tablescape and kitchen tour! I hope you’ve enjoyed the set up and are inspired to create your own tablescape in your space this season!

Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen Tablescape Canadian Bloggers Fall Home Tour Kitchen TablescapeNow it’s time to check out everyone else’s spaces! Each day, four more reveals will go live, so make sure to come back and check them all out!

There are three others that are live right now, so head on over to their blogs and get ready to be inspired! I know I sure am!

Canadian Bloggers Home Tour

I’m taking part in the Canadian Bloggers Home Tour this week! Each day, a new group of Canadian bloggers will be sharing their Fall decor. Visit each home tour by following the links on the days below.

Monday

Friday

Life is a Party
    A Pretty Life
    This Little Estate
    Suburble

• Reply Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc. September 26, 2016 at 8:51 am

Hi Christine, what a beautiful tablescape, your Mother’s vintage iron stone is pure perfection! And I must ask you where you got your cutlery, I am dying over that! I love how you kept it all neutral and the navy really made me swoon! Just beautiful!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:59 am

Hi Laurie! Thank you so much! I got the flatware from Home Outfitters before they closed (the one near me closed, not sure if they are all closed in Canada). But you can get them online. They are the Cambridge Silversmiths Indira Jessamine Flatware Set in Copper!

• Reply Nicole | The Professional Mom Project September 26, 2016 at 9:21 am

So beautiful! I love the sunflowers and the sweater pumpkins. I look forward to taking a look at some of the other blogs too.

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:56 am

Thank you Nicole! The pumpkins were definitely one of my favorites too!

• Reply Heather Travis September 26, 2016 at 9:30 am

This is so pretty! I love all the textures -and those vintage dishes…oh so lovely! the sweater vases and pumpkins are SUCH a cute idea – I’ll definitely be back Wednesday to see how they’re done:)

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:55 am

Thank you so much Heather! I’m still learning how to layer in decor but was pretty happy with how this turned out! So fun getting to know you through this home tour!

• Reply Jen @ RamblingRenovators September 26, 2016 at 11:03 am

The pumpkins are so cozy! Love your tablescape

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:53 am

Thank you so much Jen! That’s high praise coming from you! Can’t wait to see your space!

• Reply Ariel September 26, 2016 at 11:05 am

Christine! This is perfectly fall! I love every inch of it, even though it’s all white hahaha (because my house usually looks like some colour dye pods exploded).
    Beautifully styled too!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:52 am

Lol! So funny Ariel! We have such different styles eh?! But I can’t wait to see your space in the tour! Thank you love! xox

• Reply Shauna September 26, 2016 at 8:26 pm

So pretty, Christine! Love the layers of candles, flowers and those cute pumpkins.

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:50 am

Thanks so much Shauna! I’m really trying to learn the art of layering in home decor! Taking notes from all you amazing decorator part of this tour!

• Reply Pamela September 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm

stunning as usual! I’m totally trying those sweater pumpkins this year!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:49 am

Thanks love! They are so fun and easy to make. And I love how they just add that cozy feel to the space! xox

• Reply Christina @ The DIY Mommy September 26, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Wow, this tablescape is gorgeous, Christine! I love the candle grouping and the placesettings with the traditional plates and name tags. Thanks so much for being a part of this tour!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:47 am

Thank you so much Christina! High praise coming from the DIY Queen! Thank you SO much for having me a part of this tour! Such an honor to be amongst such Canadian design! Also, do you have the same plates?! Lindi commented that she thought you did!!

• Reply Melissa September 27, 2016 at 6:57 am

Love the diy pumpkins

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:45 am

Thanks Melissa! I love how they add a layer of warmth to the table!

• Reply Sabrina September 27, 2016 at 10:30 am

Your tablescape is so beautiful Christine. You did such an incredible job! I love the candles and the place settings. Wow, just gorgeous!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:44 am

Awe thank you so much Sabrina! Means a lot! xox

• Reply Lindi September 27, 2016 at 11:29 am

Your table is SO beautiful! I think the DIY Mommy may have the same plates… lol. Love how you decorating the dining room. and Envious of the candles… lol.

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:43 am

Thank you Lindi! And that’s hilarious about Christina having the same plates! I sure do love them! And you’ll have to fight a few people for the candles! Can you believe I found it at the thrift store?!

• Reply Jennifer Lifford September 27, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Gorgeous tablescape! I love all of the cozy sweater touches!

• Reply Christine September 28, 2016 at 6:42 am

Thank you so much Jennifer! The sweater DIY’s are my favorite elements for sure!

• Reply Heather September 28, 2016 at 11:53 am

Those sweater pumpkins! Gah! So adorable!

• Reply Christine November 13, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Heather. They turned out pretty cute, hey!!!

• Reply Jen @ Fresh Crush September 28, 2016 at 12:51 pm

I want to eat here. Please invite me over for dinner! Your table-scape is amazing! I love all the layers — everything is so pretty!

• Reply kim power September 28, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Beautiful tour Christine! Love your tablescape and the diy napkin ring holders are awesome!

• Reply Elizabeth @ Rustic Maple September 29, 2016 at 5:54 pm

As a Canadian blogger, I always look forward to these seasonal home tours. Your home loooks lovely and is so nicely decorated. The colours and textures are perfect for Fall. I especially like the pretty tablescape and your shelf styling. No wonder the other women were interested in the candle holder, it looks great! Thanks for sharing this tour of your home.

• Reply Christine November 13, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Thanks so much Elizabeth. I also look forward to these home tours. Very inspiring.

• Reply Dannyelle @www.lifeisaparty.ca September 29, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Your kitchen looks amazing! Love the fall table, the colour palette, all the home made touches, and those family plates. Great job Christine!

• Reply Jo-Anna September 30, 2016 at 11:34 am

So lovely Christine! I love the sweater touches on the candles and pumpkins…perfect for fall. And I’m loving your English Ironstone plates!

• Reply Tara September 30, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Your table setting is absolutely stunning, Christine! Those candle holders are beautiful – I want them!

• Reply Christine November 13, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Thanks Tara. Gotta love those holders.

• Reply Krista October 1, 2016 at 11:02 am

What a stunning fall table and tour!! So many gorgeous, cozy accents and beautiful touches. Just perfect for our oncoming cold weather!

• Reply Christine November 13, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Thank you so much Krista.