• Fashion / Women's

Floral Kimono | Outfit of the Day

Floral Kimono OOTD

Summer in Toronto is hot and humid. Me and humid do not mix. At all. While I do love summertime, I have to find ways to keep cool, without loosing my cool. But, I also have to keep in mind fashion that will work with my post-baby-bearing body (read between the lines: short shorts and crop tops are a big no-no for me).

One of my go-to summer fashions has been loose fitting cardigans or kimono’s. I love throwing something lightweight over my shoulders that helps conceal some of the “baby love” I’ve got going on but is still summery in both look and feel.

Floral Kimono OOTD

I picked up this beautiful blue kimono while we were on vacation in British Columbia and I’m obsessed with it! So I thought I’d share this simple look that I put together the other day for church. A simple pair of black stretch pants, paired with a black ribbed tank is nothing much on their own. But add this pop-pf-blue, floral kimono over top and take the look from drab to fab! Also, that blue floral necklace is back! Every single time I wear this, I get tons of compliments. So I’ve included a similar one below in the shoppable links so you can get one too! I finished the look off with a pair of black suede, silver cap toed flats!

Floral Kimono OOTD Floral Kimono OOTD Floral Kimono OOTD Floral Kimono OOTD

• Reply Amanda Rinehart August 29, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I’m loving the new kimono trend! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Christine August 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm

My pleasure! And I’m totally all over it too! The best! xox

• Reply Ashley August 29, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Love this! Perfect summer, or even fall, outfit! And those shoes!! 😍😍😍

• Reply Mary Madalene August 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I Love that Kimono on you! That necklace is to die for as well. We don’t live that far from each other Brantford wasn’t bad this year with the humidity but we could use a little more rain to help the garden’s grow more this summer.

• Reply Christine August 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Hey Mary! You’re right, we aren’t too far! I’m on the east side of the GTA, but close to the lake. So maybe we get a bit more humidity here…not sure. Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Jaclyn August 30, 2015 at 1:36 pm

I loooove that kimono! I also love those shoes! I’ve been hunting for unique black flats.

• Reply Christine August 30, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Thanks love! And ya, that’s why I love these flats…just a little more funky than a basic flat! xox

• Reply Cynthia @craftoflaughter August 30, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Oh I love that kimono! It’s beautiful

• Reply Misty Blue August 31, 2015 at 12:38 am

Very pretty! I have to wear something to cover my arms and hang loosely in my torso area as well, otherwise I feel naked. Summer is not friendly to plus sized girls, so kimonos and loose light sweaters are the best!

• Reply Christine September 3, 2015 at 11:03 am