You guys! I am SO EXCITED to share this post with you! Not only because I think the content is fabulous, but this is the start of our guest reader posts! Well what on earth does that mean, you might be asking yourself?! Let me explain!

Many blogs out there have guest posts: this is where they invite another established blogger to post on their own blog. This is great, for so many reasons, and we are just reaching out to specific bloggers that we want to feature on here as well! BUT, that is not this! THIS is all about YOU, my readers!

I have absolutely loved connecting with my readers over the past few months and getting a glimpse into your lives as well through various social media connections. So many of you have amazing ideas to share, yet not all of you are going to start a blog. So I thought, why not feature some of my readers work! Whether it be a recipe, a fun idea, an event you’ve planned…if it’s fabulous, fun and helps foster a sense of community, I’m all over it!

You see, especially as women, I truly believe that we are better together! Too many of us have faced drama and petty issues with other women…and here at Amidst the Chaos, we want to help break that and celebrate women! We don’t want to be intimidated by others success…we want to celebrate it and be inspired by it! Cause at the end of the day, with everything stripped away, we are all the same: moms, daughters, sisters…all wanting to love and be loved and make this life count!

So let’s celebrate each other, learn from one another and be inspired to be better!

With that said, I’m super excited to share our first ever guest reader with you!

Meet Tricia!

Guest Reader Post - TriciaSo a little bit from me on Tricia! You know when you “know” someone online, through all your mutual friends, yet you’ve never actually met them?! Ya, that’s me and Tricia! We have so many mutual friends and when I started this blog, we connected and she’s honestly been one of my biggest supporters! I just love when friendships can bloom over social media (that’s the redeeming factor of some of the negative aspects of it!)

Tricia posted a picture to Instagram a few months back of a fun twist on lunches for her kids and I absolutely loved it! It was actually right then and there that I thought, “How can I feature this idea on my blog?!” And that’s when I came up with reader posts and have been working hard to organize this for you all! So let’s get to it!

Here is what Tricia posted: “Getting a head start on making lunches for my little man. Found this great idea on Pinterest to make sandwich kabobs. Such a fun idea & I’m actually having fun making them.”

Sandwich Kabobs

When I saw this, I absolutely loved it! Now that I’ve been making lunches for a good four years for my kids, I find myself often time getting stuck in lunch ruts: making the same things over and over again.

What I loved about this was that it’s really not changing the FOOD, it’s just changing the presentation! And for kids, that’s sometimes all it takes to bring back excitement in eating!

Here’s a couple questions I asked Tricia about the kabobs:

Q: What made you look for new lunch ideas?

A: I was in a lunch rut with my son. He was getting tired of  having the same things over and over again. I truly can’t blame him as it was quite repetitive and boring.
We as adults like variety when we eat and I’ve realized that kids do too. I am so thankful that my son was vocal about not always loving his lunches so that I could do something about it.

Q: What inspired this idea of sandwich kabobs?

A: I headed over to the beloved site that has an abundance of idea’s: Pinterest! I looked up school lunches and came across this site. The first idea about sandwich kabobs caught my attention immediately. I thought to myself, “Yes, I can do this.”

Q: How was the response from your son when he tried them?

A: I made it for my son to take to school and he devoured it. He said the teacher said his lunch looked very cool. I like how easy it was to pull this off and add healthy vegetables into it. My kids seem to love anything with sticks in them.

Sandwich Kabobs

I was so inspired by Tricia that I decided to give these a try in my home and see if my kids would react similarly! Guess what?! They DID! My daughter thought it was coolest thing when she saw these in her lunch box! And my son, the picky eater in the family, who usually takes about an hour to finish ONE meal (that’s NO exaggeration), was giggling while eating and finished in about eight minutes tops!

I made mine with buttered bread, grape tomatoes, english cucumbers, mozzarella cheese and pork kolbasa. I’m also going to try adding in hard boiled eggs and avocado. Really, the possibilities are endless with what you could add! We see these done all the time with fruit, but the idea of a sandwich on a stick is just as fun!

Sandwich Kabobs

Again, there is nothing different, food-wise here…it’s just a deconstructed sandwich! But for kids, who are super visual, it’s like a whole new world of food! The flavors and health factors are all the same, the only difference is that they are actually inspired to eat it because it’s fun and different!

Now it’s YOUR turn! Do you have something awesome that you’d like featured here on Amidst the Chaos?! We would LOVE to hear from you. If you are interested, please fill out this short form letting us know what your post idea is and a little more about you and we will be in touch very soon!

[Tweet “Want to be featured on the blog?! Send in your post submissions for a chance!”]

Hope you’ve enjoyed this and can’t wait to feature YOU!

38 Comments on Sandwich Kabobs {Guest Reader Post}

1. Tricia
    May 6, 2015 at 4:34 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you so much for this sweet feature. I love it (I’m slightly bias, haha). Well done my friend 🙂

May 7, 2015 at 10:52 am (2 years ago)

Thank you for allowing me to feature you! So fun and seriously, my kids love it! Blessings girl! xox

2. Megan VW
    May 7, 2015 at 11:50 am (2 years ago)

These are so cute!!! I make some with ham and pineapple.

May 7, 2015 at 3:23 pm (2 years ago)

Oh that sounds yummy! Love how versatile this can be! Thanks for stopping by Megan! xox

3. Maggie
    May 7, 2015 at 12:33 pm (2 years ago)

Love this idea! I have a kid who would eat this up.

Thanks for sharing.

May 7, 2015 at 3:23 pm (2 years ago)

My pleasure Maggie! Thank you for stopping by! xox

4. Kat | curlsnchard.com
    May 7, 2015 at 1:51 pm (2 years ago)

That’s such a fun idea 🙂 I would like that for myself too 😉

May 7, 2015 at 3:24 pm (2 years ago)

Right?! Who doesn’t like food on a stick?! Ha! Thanks for stopping by Kat! xox

5. Tricia
    May 7, 2015 at 1:54 pm (2 years ago)

I just LOVE this post! What a great idea. I may have to steal this idea for my page. I’m definitely pinning this recipe. What a good, easy idea for a party.

PS. Your guest reader has a great name 😉

May 7, 2015 at 3:24 pm (2 years ago)

Ha! Love it Tricia! And ya, I thought it would be fun and add more participation for readers to feature THEM and not just bloggers! Seems to be getting a good response! xox

• Tricia
      May 25, 2015 at 4:05 pm (2 years ago)

Haha. Thank you. I’m only reading these comments now as I literally had my baby the very next day after this post went up. I love you’re name too 😉

May 27, 2015 at 3:51 pm (2 years ago)

We got this post up just in time, eh?! Thank you again for sharing with all of us! xox

6. Kelsey Ferguson
    May 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm (2 years ago)

These are so fun! My little guy would love sandwich kabobs. We have about four lunches that we rotate through, so I’m looking forward to adding these into the mix. I’m hoping I can introduce some new veggies this way, too! Thanks for sharing!

May 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm (2 years ago)

That was same with us between sandwiches, wraps and leftovers…it was getting a bit boring! So this is a fun twist on the sandwich! Thanks for stopping by Kelsey! xox

7. Tessa
    May 7, 2015 at 4:44 pm (2 years ago)

I love sandwiches, so any variation of them to make them look fancier or more fun is perfect 🙂

May 8, 2015 at 4:35 pm (2 years ago)

Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by Tessa and enjoy! xox

8. Sage
    May 7, 2015 at 4:59 pm (2 years ago)

I love this post! I’ve never understood women’s tendencies to tear each other down. We may all make different choices, but we’re all doing the best we can with what we’ve got and shouldn’t we all support each other as best we can?

May 8, 2015 at 4:36 pm (2 years ago)

You got it girl! We are better together! That’s the heart behind this! Thanks for stopping by! xox

9. Cindy
    May 7, 2015 at 6:11 pm (2 years ago)

I’ll have to make my daughter these sandwich kabobs. Definitely going to be s good change from her usual lunch.

May 8, 2015 at 4:36 pm (2 years ago)

Changing it up is always good! Even if it’s the same food, just presented a new way! xox

10. Amanda
    May 7, 2015 at 7:05 pm (2 years ago)

What a fun way to interact with your readers. I just love learning from others’ and then trying out their suggestions. The sandwich kabobs sound like such a genius idea…my boys would love them!

May 8, 2015 at 4:37 pm (2 years ago)

Fun & easy! Let me know how they like them Amanda! Thanks for stopping by! xox

11. Jeanine
    May 7, 2015 at 7:37 pm (2 years ago)

Yum! How fun are these! My kids would be all over this. I would love to make these for them for lunch, we often eat out back in our backyard so this would be perfect. I never would think to do this myself either!!! Very cool. Also, glad to find another blog to check out!

May 8, 2015 at 4:38 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Jeanine for stopping by! Was checking out your site last night too! Let me know how your kids enjoy them! xox

12. jessica
    May 7, 2015 at 8:19 pm (2 years ago)

yum, yum, YUMMY! Maybe my kids will like this better than a traditional sandwich. got to try this!

May 8, 2015 at 4:38 pm (2 years ago)

Like I said, mine ate these without complaint versus their regular sandwiches is almost painful to watch them eat it! Kids, eh?! xox

13. Susan Quackenbush
    May 7, 2015 at 9:22 pm (2 years ago)

This is just such a clever idea! I usually think BBQ when I think of kabobs, so this seems completely new and original to me! I will have to think of a few variations and give them a try! 🙂

May 8, 2015 at 4:39 pm (2 years ago)

I just think BBQ too (or souvlaki!) that’s why I loved this simple yet fun idea so much! Enjoy Susan! xox

14. rochkirstin
    May 7, 2015 at 10:14 pm (2 years ago)

I remember the first time when I accepted a guest reader post as well. It was also related to food, actually a review of a restaurant. It’s always fun to learn about what other people have for lunch, especially when food presentation and taste are awesome. Being featured in your blog sounds cool!

May 8, 2015 at 4:40 pm (2 years ago)

You can apply at the bottom of the post! Would love to read your submission! Thanks for stopping by! xox

15. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    May 8, 2015 at 4:41 am (2 years ago)

Oh what a cute twist on a traditional sandwich. I love the name ‘kabob’, it sounds really sweet. I need to make some of these for my son because he’s become so picky with his sandwiches but he’d probably love the novelty of these.

May 8, 2015 at 4:41 pm (2 years ago)

That’s exactly what it is…novelty! I bet he would love them, as mine did! xox

16. Jacqui
    May 8, 2015 at 2:43 pm (2 years ago)

What a cute idea!! And for gluten free kids, easily done without the bread…I always have a hard time finding snacks for the kids that come over for playdates and have those restrictions. Thank you for helping and sharing this awesome guest post!

May 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm (2 years ago)

Yes, it’s so diverse that you could change it up so many ways, to accommodate all kids food needs! Thanks for stopping by Jacqui! xox

17. Yona Williams
    May 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm (2 years ago)

Sandwich kabobs look like a lot of fun to eat. And, there are so many different ways to make them too! My nephew would really like this because we grilled kabobs before, and he thought they were the coolest thing ever.

May 10, 2015 at 10:37 am (2 years ago)

It’s all about presentation now isn’t it?! I hope he loves these! Thanks for stopping by! xox

18. Star Traci
    May 9, 2015 at 7:58 pm (2 years ago)

Looks fabulous! I want to try this for my kids. Thanks to Tricia for the suggestion. Great guest post.
    🙂
    Traci

May 10, 2015 at 10:40 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Star! Hope your kids love them as much as mine do! xox