• Baby & Bridal Showers / DIY / Entertaining

Vintage Garden Lingerie Party

Vintage Garden Lingerie ShowerI’ve always had a passion for event planning. A few years ago, I launched my own wedding planning company called “Pure Potential Weddings”. In a short time, the business became very successful and I was lucky enough to plan some incredible weddings! When the time came for my family to move, I had to make the hard decision on whether or not I would re-launch the company in our new city. At the time I was on maternity leave from my other part-time job, with a 4 month old…and a few months later, I found out I was expecting again! Plus the fact of settling into a new place (and by new I mean new to us…it is actually quite old and needed alot of love, which also required alot of my time!)…all of these factors led me to decide to put the event planning business on hold. I do think it will be something I will get back into professionally, when the time is right, but for this time in my life, I have so many other things on the go that I feel it would be unfair to my family, as well as my own wellbeing to start it up again.

IMG_4841
    So all that said…I love when I do get the opportunity to plan a party for friends and family…for fun! When my good friend came to me and asked if I would plan her shower a few months ago…I was pretty honored to be asked by the bride herself to put something together! She wanted a lingerie shower and almost immediately, I knew what I was going to do! I was inspired by all the vintage love I’ve been seeing on places like Pinterest and other design shows. I’ve never been one to decorate my home or even have my own style reflect decades past, but I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to challenge myself with something new (or old…I guess!).

IMG_4831
    So my theme was vintage garden! This included everything from lace to pearls in shades of light pink, soft whites and creams and classic black! I spent the weeks leading up to the shower scouring the local thrift shops and yard sales to find unique pieces that would take this event from average to fabulous! I also decided to make it a brunch shower just before lunch, for something different! So I came up with a classy version of all the traditional breakfast foods including many “mini” versions of most items so everyone could have a little bit of everything!

IMG_4807I had a couple favorite features from the party that I wanted to mention! One of my favorite DIY’s that I came up with was spray painted silverware! I decided that instead of always using plastic utensils for parties that you always throw out, why not buy mis-matched silverware and spray paint the handles to match the colors of your party! This took alot of time to find all the silverware and tape them off to protect the top portions, but I think it was well worth it!

IMG_4812

Another favorite of mine were the mason jars covered in vintage lace with striped paper straws! I ordered the straws from Etsy and while they were much more pink then I originally wanted when they arrived, I think it all worked together nicely in the end!

IMG_4788

And while I have to say I did love all the DIY’s from the party, the final one that stands out to me (and to many of my guests!) were all the chalkboard painted frames and trays! While this was also a little time consuming (you need many layers, especially on glass to get it thick & no longer see-through), this added such a personalized element. I had actually many more frames and trays as I had intended to label all the individual food items, but after we put all the food on the table, there wasn’t any more space and I didn’t want to overcrowd! So I opted to not set those ones out! But this is such an easy DIY you can do to add personal flair to any event!

IMG_4786

Finally, I wanted to mention that a few of the crafts and recipes I used where found online from other blogs. I will post the links to those at the bottom of this post for you to all enjoy as well!

Hope you enjoy this party recap and all the pictures!

Party Details:
    Theme: Vintage Garden Lingerie Shower
    Time: 11:00am-1:00pm
    Menu: Golden Penny Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Bacon & Leek Mini Quiches,
    White Powdered Mini Donuts, Chocolate Covered Maple Bacon,
    Mini Chocolate Banana Muffins, Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits with Almond Raisin Granola,
    Mini Deep Dish Fruit Pizza, Strawberry Lemon Whipped Pie
    Drinks: Sparkling Lemonade, Vanilla Iced Coffee & Water
    Party Favors: Guests could select their own accessory

IMG_4808
    IMG_4816IMG_4814
    IMG_4839
    IMG_4820IMG_4799IMG_4823

• Reply Mwali January 8, 2015 at 10:46 am

I had such a blast at this! Christine, you did a beautiful job here! Everyone felt so special, the food was delicious (golden penny pancakes… YUMMY!) and I still have my vintage party favour to this day — two black lace hair clips with a pearl in the middle! Life sure gets busy, but in the midst of things, keep on taking the time to do things you enjoy! You do it well Christine! 🙂

• Reply Christine January 8, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Awe! Thanks so much Mwali for those kind words! That day was so fun and I’m so glad to hear you had such a great time! Many blessings to you my friend!

• Reply Janella Panchamsingh April 8, 2015 at 8:59 am

Very classy. I especially love the shades of pink and whites and creams that you use. You need to start this back up!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:09 pm

We shall see my dear…maybe with you as a partner 😉 xox

• Reply Ashley April 8, 2015 at 9:27 am

This is such a fun and beautiful shower! I was an intern for a wedding planner my Junior and Senior year of college and always dreamed of continuing working in that industry but never did. How did you start your company? I am curious to know more!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:10 pm

That’s awesome Ashley! I honestly just started! Came up with a name, website, business cards and started networking my heart out! After a few weddings and making great industry friends, it took off quickly! Email me if you’d like to chat more. christine@amidstthechaos.ca xox

• Reply ang April 8, 2015 at 9:37 am

What a great shower theme – so fun! I just LOVE your dress BTW. The lace backdrop is such a great idea and I love that pick your own favor station! Kudos!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Ang! I loved that dress too! It’s a goal to fit back into it, three kids later! Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Angelica April 8, 2015 at 9:40 am

Love the simple elegance. You definitely have a knack for planning events and should keep doing it!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Thank you much Angelica for your kind words! It’s something very close to my heart…we will see what the future holds! Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply twitchetts.blogspot.com April 8, 2015 at 9:51 am

Wow some many great details!! I love the lace wrapped silverware, the food all looks great, and the idea to let them pic their gift is great!! Looks like a perfect party 🙂

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment! It was an awesome day! xox

• Reply Brooke Knipp April 8, 2015 at 9:57 am

Oh my goodness, this is amazing!! I love love love all of the different touches you added–the silverware, especially! And your dress is so cute! Well done, it was beautiful, and I’m guessing it was EVEN better in person 🙂 🙂

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Thank you darling! The silverware was one of my favorite details as well! xox

• Reply Scott April 8, 2015 at 10:17 am

Can’t believe how much work you put into this! I’ll bet it was a great time!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Thanks Scott! It’s always alot of work to plan these events, but so rewarding to see it all come together! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Robin April 8, 2015 at 10:38 am

Love this! Sooo beautiful. I was never a fan of pink and white but this may have swayed me.
    Gorg!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm

That’s awesome Robin! Glad to have “swayed” ya 😉 Thanks for stopping by! xox

• Reply Jaclyn Kent April 8, 2015 at 10:59 am

This is absolutely darling! Your dress, too!!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Thank you Jaclyn! That dress is one of my faves! Gotta work to fit back into it! xox

• Reply Bethany Magnie April 8, 2015 at 11:33 am

Your party is absolutely beautiful! It makes me want to throw one without reason lol. Good ideas for whenever that day comes! Thanks for posting.

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:14 pm

That’s awesome Bethany! And I’ll use just about ANY excuse to throw a party, so I’m sure you can find one! xox

• Reply Miranda @ Miranda Writes Blog April 8, 2015 at 12:17 pm

What a gorgeous display! I love those lace wrapped mason jars!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Thank you Miranda! Yes, it’s all in the details! And you can never go wrong with lace, can ya?! xox

• Reply Justine Y April 8, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Beautiful! And I love the idea about picking your own favor! I’ve pinned because I’m currently co-planning my sister’s bridal shower and bachelorette parties. 🙂

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Thank you Justine! And that’s wonderful! Hopefully you can find some inspiration here! Best of luck with the parties! xox

• Reply Ashleigh April 8, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Now I want to throw a party! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful week…I invite you to please come share this and link up with me now at http://www.wrightsimply.com/2015/04/not-so-wordless-wednesday-linky.html
    I know others would love this!! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Thanks Ashleigh! I just shared both this and the golden penny pancakes from the other day! xox

• Reply Jess Beer April 8, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Such a beautiful shower!

• Reply Christine April 8, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Thanks, my dear! xox

• Reply Jenny April 8, 2015 at 6:38 pm

This is beautiful. Love it!

• Reply Christine April 9, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Thank you Jenny! xox

• Reply Angie April 9, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Gorgeous!You are talented! I love themes, and your silverware idea is brilliant. Will be pinning for sure!

• Reply Christine April 9, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Thank you, my dear! The silverware was a fun detail that the guests loved too! Thanks for visiting (and pinning!) xox